C.A.T. Inc., a transportation company in business for over 40 years, is looking for a dynamic candidate for the following opportunity at its head office in Coteau-du-Lac;
Director of Corporate Finance
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Corporate Finance, will provide leadership to the accounting team members responsible for the day-to-day accounting activities, payroll, tax and treasury processes, and monthly, quarterly, and annual statutory reporting. You will regulate corporate funds and accounts, approve expenditures and provide guidance to ensure financial solvency. In addition, you will monitor and confirm financial
performance of the company.
• Manage all head office accounting operations, including monthly financial close, AP, AR, payroll, tax and treasury and statutory reporting.
• Develop, train and manage accounting team members including five direct reports (manager level or higher); set objectives and development goals and provide regular feedback.
• Oversee and approve the monthly preparation of multi-company/multi-currency consolidations
• Coordinate and review tax filings prepared for Canada and US subsidiaries and manage the relationships with external Tax consultants.
• Review and approve all tax and foreign exchange transaction accounting.
• Act as administrator and a signing officer for all Canadian and US bank accounts
• Prepare and publish annual audited financial statements for the group of
• Coordinate the preparation of timely regulatory filings for the group of
• Coordinate audits and provide information to external auditors.
• Support financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
• Provide transaction support and accounting for mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, and legal entities rationalization activities.
• Drive continuous improvement with respect to efficiency and compliance.
• CPA designation with at least 10 years of relevant experience in a similar role
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office 365 tools
• Must be comfortable using computer systems and quickly become familiar with the software in use in the organization.
• Experience producing complete financial statements including notes.
• Experience designing, implementing and testing internal controls.
• Experience in Merger & Acquisition Integration
• Experience in new ERP & Accounting software implementations
• Basic knowledge of corporate tax
• Ability to work across multiple jurisdictions and currencies.
• Excellent organization and communication skills (French and English spoken and written); All internal reporting is completed in English.
• Person with attention to details, strong ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and growing environment.
• Must have strong managerial skills regarding the support, training and motivation of support staff.
• Experience in the Transport and Logistics would be an asset.
- Dynamic work environment marked by respect, authenticity, and commitment.
- A competitive salary
- Group insurance plan
- Deferred profit-sharing plan (DPSP)
- A health and well-being program
Would you like to be part of our team?
Please send your curriculum vitae to the following address:
4, rue du Transport
Coteau-du-Lac (Québec), J0P 1B0
Fax : (450) 763-6383