Under the responsibility of the General Director of Maintenance, the candidate will be responsible to inspect, perform repairs, and determine the nature of the defects and failures on trailers. The technician must follow all preventive maintenance practices. He will need to adjust and repair equipment, replace defective parts, installations, or components using manual and mechanical tools. The technician is also licensed to perform annual vehicle inspections for the Ministry of Transport. He will have to ensure that the repairs are in accordance with manufacturer and government requirements.
- Carry out the various types of inspections on equipment without supervision.
- Detect problems of all kinds.
- Clean and lubricate equipment and trailers.
- Repair problems according to prescribed deadlines.
- Perform major or minor repairs such as brakes, suspension, lights, etc.
- Test the repaired equipment to ensure it is working properly.
- Answer service calls.
- Must be able to diagnose & repair any trailer
- Must be able to work safely in a high-pressure environment
- Must be able to present yourself in a positive, professional manner
- Able to communicate in clear English with the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, government regulations and company policy/procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, and customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Valid Heavy-Duty Trailer Technician’s License
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a related position
- Journeyman Heavy Trailer Technician Certificate (or equivalent)
- A good working environment marked by respect, authenticity, and commitment.
- A competitive salary
- Group insurance plan and DPSP
Do you wish to be part of our team?
Please forward your resume to the following address.