C.A.T. Inc. , a transport company in business for over 40 years, is looking for a dynamic candidate for the following opportunity at its head office in Coteau-du-Lac;
Senior Financial Analyst
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Report, the candidate will be responsible for leading the accounting system implementation, including reviewing, and documenting existing procedures, proposing new processes, and post system-implementation integrating in the current accounting team.
- Review and document the existing processes within the existing accounting system (AS400) for various departments including Accounting, Billing, Accounts Payable, Payroll.
- Active leadership role in the implementation of the new accounting system (Great Plains) including working with Manager of Financial Report, Director of Corporate Finance and other leaders in the Finance team to implement best practices and ensure appropriate internal controls.
- Work collaboratively with IT department on developing reporting tools and options for Great Plains.
- Perform the accounting for various holding companies and the associated sales tax returns as necessary.
- Support the Finance team with ad-hoc requests and new initiatives.
- Post implementation- being the accounting system resource for the Finance team.
- Post implementation- integrate with the accounting team for the Brokerage and Asset divisions- including providing to Senior Management analysis of the monthly results and participating in the budgeting process.
- Work collaboratively with the PowerBI resource to automate certain existing reports and develop new reports that will support Senior Management decision making.
- Post implementation- record journal entries, perform account reconciliations, and financial close packages.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements and work with external auditors.
Skills and expertise
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong computer skills- previous experience with Great Plains, Mercury Gate, AS400 or the implementation of an accounting system considered an asset
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with tight deadlines
- Great team player but can also work autonomously
- High adaptability to changes
- Recognized accounting title (CPA)
- 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in transportation industry is considered an asset
- Bilingualism considered an asset
Would you like to be part of our team?
Please forward your resume to