C.A.T. Global Inc. is looking for a Senior Business Development Representative to develop the intra and transborder Intermodal business in Canada, U.S.A. and Mexico
The Senior Business Development Representative is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, and acquiring new accounts leveraging C.A.T. Global services (including but not limited to: Truckload, LTL, Intermodal) Selling brokerage services to new and existing customers in support of business unit growth and profitability objectives. Selling core services and developing pricing and sourcing solutions for both short term and long-term transportation opportunities. From prospecting through implementation, will work to initiate and close business.
- Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including heavy cold calling
- Find new customers and drive new sales opportunities by identifying key decision makers and determining the appropriate approach.
- Prospect via phone, internet, fieldwork, referrals, industry networking, and trade shows
- Contact and conduct initial discovery with customers via phone and email. Facilitate face-to-face meetings, present proposals and solutions, close business
- Has continuous engagement with customers to maintain close relationships and ensures ongoing success with accounts
- Succeed at heavy price and service negotiation with customers and carriers
- Translate business opportunities into incremental revenues through strong selling. Manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Collaborate internally with various teams on pricing strategy and account implementation plans
- Manages effective onboarding of new customers
- Works with supervision to ensure alignment with pipeline development, planning and forecasting.
- Ensures booked freight is picked up in accordance with customer expectations and communicates any service exceptions.
- Works cooperatively within internal team to win new customer opportunities by moving shipments through a set of authorized carriers.
- Manages contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with partners.
- Maintain and update accurate information in the company’s operating systems
- Understand and support the goals, policies and procedures of C.A.T. Global
- Performs other duties as required.
- Has expert-level knowledge of the 3PL industry
- Develops active interaction with key customers at a high level.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively network and build relationships with key customer stakeholders
- Ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and follow through
- Attentive to detail
- Growth. From a personal, business and team perspective.
- Support. First class customer service offered by our experienced Intermodal operations team.
- A pleasant work environment.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
You wish to be part of our team?
Please forward your resume to the following address: