C.A.T. Global is a respected and widely recognized brand that offers a collection of non-asset based services; united with C.A.T. will have the ability to build full service logistics solutions anywhere in North America.
Reporting to the VP, the Operations Manager is a key member of our Logistics team. The position is responsible for providing a hand on leadership primarily in operations with a working understanding of sales and account development. The candidate will also be managing day to day operations.
The Operations Manager must have a sound knowledge of the transportation industry regarding equipment, shipping/receiving procedures and other regulations. Your functions will be to assist in the recruiting and training of new employees (mainly on office accounts, company procedures and/or other tools). You will also have to sign on new carriers and develop existing relationships based on current and future business needs to ensure branch profitability.
Responsibilities also include negotiation of transportation rates with carriers for both long term and spot movements. You will be assigned specific carriers and will be required to spot shipments for customers based upon current market.
• Rate or review all rates submitted for new and existing accounts.
• Current market knowledge on pricing, rating, capacity and ongoing trends.
• Monitor reports (e.g. audit shipment entry, carrier and customer amounts, daily, weekly, and monthly targets).
• Enter customer orders according to TMS SOP
• Track and trace.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
• Driven by the opportunity to make money
• Interested in building a career with a growth-oriented company
• A talent for negotiating and high sense of urgency
• Able to build client relationships quickly, in order to establish and maintain a profitable book of business
• Business-minded, with an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
Successful candidates will possess
• Solid time and priority management skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferred
• 5-7 yrs experience in Transportation/Third Party Logistics discipline, preferred
• Brokerage experience a must
- Competitive salary
- Excellent working environment
- Benefit Plan
- Health and wellness Program
Would you like to be part of our team?
Please forward your resume to email@example.com