C.A.T. Inc., a transportation company in business for more than 40 years, is looking for a dynamic candidate for the following opportunity in Alexandria, Ontario
Reporting to CAT Inc headquarters, the General Director provides leadership to all members of Group Express Groupex Inc division. He/She has primary responsibility to serve as the primary contact for internal and external customers involving all aspects of the business and support. Other responsibilities include processing all aspect of vehicles fleet renewal, annual client rates renewal, monitor, confirm and prepare monthly and quarterly reports, regulate corporate funds and accounts, provide guidance on financial solvency
- 8-10 years experience as a senior leader in the transportation industry
- 5 years + with P&L management
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or related field
- 5 years + experience in customer, supplier relations and negotiations
- Advanced computer skills (especially in Excel) are essential.
- Significant experience working in cross functional organisations. (Finance, Marketing, HR, Maintenance etc)
- 10 + years experience managing teams, training coaching, hiring, performance management and mobilising teams.
- 5 years + in Business Development
- Strong communication skills to provide effective communication in both languages
- Good experience with a Transportation Management System or in the transportation industry is a strong asset.
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Experience with Power BI is preferred
- Ability to apply basic tax regulations as needed
- Strong critical thinking and analytical aptitude
- Well organized with solid judgment, able to multitask and work independently
- Experience designing, implementing and testing internal controls
- Experience in new ERP & Accounting software implementations
- Basic knowledge of corporate tax
- Ability to work across multiple jurisdictions and currencies
- Familiarity with an accounting and reporting system such as Great Plains
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with general ledger reconciliation for complex accounts
- Experience working with MTO regulation
- Experience with Advanced Microsoft applications, Excel (Statements, VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, etc.) Word and Outlook.
- Experience with data analytics
- Experience creating written and oral communications and presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills
Soft Skills required
- Being ambitious & accountable
- Demonstrating a deep knowledge of financial operations
- Driving continuous improvement through identifying opportunities to enhance processes and outputs
- Leading by example
- Performing through co-operation
- Being autonomous and work under tight deadlines
- Organizing self to manage multiple tasks and answer various management request
- Ability to prioritize and sharp attention to detail.
- Dynamic and Excellent working environment
- Competitive Salary
- Group Insurance
- Pension plan
If you want to contribute to our growth by bringing your skills, energy and leadership, send us your CV!
CAT Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation