C.A.T. Inc., a transportation company in business for over 40 years, is looking for a dynamic candidate for the following opportunity in Mississauga;
Dispatcher -PM shift
The Dispatcher – PM shift will be responsible for maintaining and facilitating the day to day activities carried out by the AM shift and dispatching, scheduling, routing of both Company Drivers and Owner Operators. The transport sector being constantly evolving, this is a position that requires analytical thinking, problem solving and strong ability adaptation.
- Verify available resources and assign them to the computer system, while keeping accurate tracking of assignments and frequencies for our customers
- Match loads and drivers for efficiency and productivity
- Calculate the service hours to ensure the delivery is on time
- Manage empty miles
- Monitor assigned trips
- Locate the position of trucks and trailers with the AS400 system
- Manage emergencies and adapt to situations such as change of driver on the highway
- Guide drivers regarding various issues, questions and other practices (such as time management, vacations, elimination of idling and eco energy solutions for fuel consumption)
- Manage truck performance and submit performance evaluations to drivers
- Relay information to both internal and external clients as required while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- The Shift is from 16:00 – 01:00 HRS.
- Analytical thinking and structured approach
- Proactive and determined
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Strong ability to prioritize and autonomous
- Interest in growing responsibilities
- Secondary school or equivalent
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of AS400 system
- Bilingual (written and oral) preferred
- Must be able to work from 16:00 – 01:00 HRS.
- Dynamic work environment marked by respect, authenticity, and commitment
- A competitive salary
- Group insurance plan
- Deferred profit-sharing plan (DPSP)
Would you like to be part of our team?
Please forward your resume to the following address.
4 rue du Transport
Coteau-du-Lac, Quebec, J0P 1B0
Fax: (450) 763-6383, email@example.com