Reporting to the Credit & Accounts Receivable Manager, the candidate will have to supervise a team responsible for the collection of accounts receivable as well as the authorization and verification of credit and the production of other related reports.
– Supervise collection staff on a daily basis, ensuring they are appropriately following upon customer accounts for collections
– Actively manage and collect on a customer portfolio, and implicate themselves on all past due balances > 30 days of the collection staff.
– Jointly manage the Collections and Accounts Receivable team with the Collections and Accounts Receivable Manager
– Actively follow up with accounts sent to third-party collection agencies
– Resolve client discrepancies and short payments
– Work with other departments including Billing, Sales, Customer Service, IT, and Rating to identify process improvement opportunities and lead certain initiatives
– Review existing credit policies and procedures and ensure implementation.
– Escalate accounts for receivable write off to AR Manager.
– Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with sales department and clients
– Conduct comprehensive annual review of existing credit limits on all customers and propose changes as deemed necessary.
– Review bank deposits for correct applications.
Skills and expertise
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
– Strong computer skills, including standard business software such as Microsoft Office
– Previous experience with AS400 and Mercury Gate is considered an asset
– Excellent time management skills and superior ability to multi-task
– Strong ability to prioritize, plan and organize
– Meticulous and detailed oriented
– Leadership in personnel management
– Analytical skills
– University degree in Business Administration or related degree is considered an asset
– 10+ years of previous experience in a similar role
– Experience in transportation industry is considered an asset
– Bilingual an asset