CAT Inc. , a transport company in business for over 40 years, is looking for a dynamic candidate for the following opportunity at our office in Kingston ;
Credit & Accounts Receivable Assistant Manager
Reporting to the Credit & Accounts Receivable Manager, the candidate will have to supervise a team responsible for the collection of accounts receivable as well as the authorization and verification of credit and the production of other related reports.
- Supervise collection staff on a daily basis, ensuring they are appropriately following upon customer accounts for collections
- Actively manage and collect on a customer portfolio, and implicate themselves on all past due balances > 30 days of the collection staff.
- Jointly manage the Collections and Accounts Receivable team with the Collections and Accounts Receivable Manager
- Actively follow up with accounts sent to third-party collection agencies
- Resolve client discrepancies and short payments
- Work with other departments including Billing, Sales, Customer Service, IT, and Rating to identify process improvement opportunities and lead certain initiatives
- Review existing credit policies, determine any required changes and ensure their implementation
- Obtain approval for all accounts receivable write-offs from appropriate V.P.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with sales department and clients
- Conduct comprehensive annual review of existing credit limits on all customers and propose changes as deemed necessary.
- Review bank deposits for correct applications.
Skills and expertise
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills, including standard business software such as Microsoft Office
- Previous experience with AS400 and Mercury Gate is considered an asset
- Excellent time management skills and superior ability to multi-task
- Strong ability to prioritize, plan and organize
- Meticulous and detailed oriented
- Leadership in personnel management
- Analytical skills
- University degree in Business Administration or related degree is considered an asset
- 10+ years of previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in transportation industry is considered an asset
- Must be bilingual (written and oral)
Would you like to be part of our team?
Please send your curriculum vitae to the following address:
4, rue du Transport
Coteau-du-Lac (Quebec) J0P 1B0
Fax: (450) 763-6382