C.A.T. Global will grow to be a respected and widely recognized brand that offers a collection of non-asset based services; united with C.A.T. will have the ability to build full service logistics solutions anywhere in North America.
CARRIER SALES REPRESENTATIVE
- Sells transportation services to new and existing carriers in support of business unit growth and profitability objectives.
- Prospects new carriers, and develops pricing and sourcing solutions for both short term and long term transportation movements, including RFP responses.
- Acts as the liaison between carriers and customers and works to ensure a high quality freight movement process
- Position sources, negotiates with and secures carriers to move available freight in a timely and cost effective manner
- Negotiate and secure carriers for freight shipments via telephone, e-mail, or other means
- Maintain visibility of all available freight/lanes, both immediate and future, to ensure efficient carrier usage and cost effective negotiations.
- Effectively communicate with carriers and build relationships with key decision makers.
- Track the status of shipments from inception to delivery and communicate with the sales or account representative on the status of the shipment
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers to ensure all parties are informed of route changes, delays, freight concerns, or other issues as necessary
- Deal with any issues that may arise on any shipment
- Complete entry into TMS and ready loads for accounting
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Strong operations background is an asset
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment preferred
- College degree in business, logistics or transportation-related field and/or Honorable Military Discharge
- 1-5 years of experience with operations and/or project management
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- Driven by the opportunity to make money
- Interested in building a career with a growth-oriented company
- A talent for negotiating and high sense of urgency
- Able to build business partnership relationships quickly, in order to establish and maintain a profitable book of business
- A team player, and the desire to learn
- Business-minded, with an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Competitive salary
- Excellent working environment
- Benefit Plan
Would you like to be part of our team?
Please forward your resume to email@example.com