C.A.T. Global is a renowned North American logistics services company. We are looking for an aspiring sales professional to join our ranks as a Sr. Business Development Representative. You will be joining a fast-paced environment and will be part of a growing team of passionate sales professionals.
What we are looking for:
Senior Business Development Reps will be responsible for prospecting, soliciting, and acquiring new accounts leveraging C.A.T. Global services (including but not limited to: Truckload, LTL, Intermodal) Sells brokerage services to new and existing customers in support of business unit growth and profitability objectives. Sells core services and develops pricing and sourcing solutions for both short term and long-term transportation opportunities. From prospecting through implementation, will work to initiate and close business.
Primary Duties – (some activities will be dependant on Covid restrictions)
- Prospect for leads to build a pipeline, including heavy cold calling.
- Find new customers and drive new sales opportunities by identifying key decision makers and determining the appropriate approach.
- Prospect via phone, internet, fieldwork, referrals, industry networking, and trade shows
- Contact and conduct initial discovery with customers via phone and email. Facilitate face-to-face meetings, present proposals and solutions, close business
- Has continuous engagement with customers to maintain close relationships and ensures ongoing success with accounts
- Succeed at heavy price and service negotiation with customers and carriers
- Translate business opportunities into incremental revenues through strong selling. Manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Collaborate internally with various teams on pricing strategy and account implementation plans
- Manages effective onboarding of new customers
- Works with supervision to ensure alignment with pipeline development, planning and forecasting.
- Ensures booked freight is picked up in accordance with customer expectations and communicates any service exceptions.
- Works cooperatively within internal team to win new customer opportunities by moving shipments through a set of authorized carriers.
- Manages contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with partners.
- Maintain and update accurate information in the company’s operating systems
- Understand and support the goals, policies, and procedures of C.A.T. Global
- Performs other duties as required.
- Has the ability to work independently
- Leads pricing process with internal support
- Client and internal stakeholder meetings
- Ability to close new and existing transportation deal.
Qualification and Skills:
- Has 3- 4 years experience
- Has expert-level knowledge of the 3PL industry
- Develops active interaction with key customers at a high level.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively network and build relationships with key customer stakeholders
- Ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and follow through
- Attentive to detail
And us, we offer:
- Flexibility – Growth. From a personal, business and team perspective.
- A pleasant and collaborative work environment.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.