C.A.T. Global, a respected and widely recognized brand that offers a collection of non-asset based services; united with C.A.T. have the ability to build full service logistics solutions anywhere in North America. Our Team is currently looking to fill the following position in our Columbus, OH office:
Key Account Manager
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for Account Management for our top accounts here in Columbus. The position will be the interface between the key account(s) and C.A.T. to drive optimized service delivery, customer value, satisfaction, and continuous improvement. Responsible for acting as the liaison between the client, carrier, shipper, and receiver; and developing solid relationships with all parties by providing world class customer service; and ensuring that any issues which might arise are quick and professionally resolved among all parties.
This position is great for an experience freight brokerage Account Manger looking to move up and grow their income! Also great for a Sales Rep within the Freight Brokerage world to move over to an AM role, but with ample opportunity to grow their income with commission as well without all the cold calling!
- Expand current customer accounts through ongoing relationship development.
- Have a broad knowledge of truck markets/pricing and negotiate rates with customers.
- Ability to facilitate business reviews for one or more customers, compiling service, history and cost data into formal presentations and delivers same to customer via phone, or in person independently.
- High level of urgency with ability to re-prioritize to meet demands.
- Track and record customer performance (Monthly, Quarterly, Annually)
- Maintain, keep and update contract, RFQs, and Setup monthly customer reports to track and record progress.
- Focuses on building customer relationships at multiple levels of larger organizations with self-sufficiency, with little guidance from the Vice President.
Demonstrated the ability and or drive to manage others. Takes an active leadership role on the floor and serves as a mentor to newer Account Managers and Customer Service Reps
- Manage the relationship between the customer and C.A.T. Global
- Provide excellent customer service skills when communicating through phone, email, and in person.
- Negotiate spot quotes and contract rates on customer freight
- Manage daily shipments and make sure they pick up and deliver as scheduled
- Watch all current loads and proactively identify potential problems.
- Communicate with Operations to track loads, manage carrier incidents and assist with invoicing
- Collaborate with team on details required to ensure most effective solutions to customers and our carrier partners.
- Responsible for managing customer expectations through the use of SOPs, KPIs, CRM and other metrics.
- Ensure accurate data capture, data integrity and system entry in all customer related functions.
- Effectively utilize data and problem-solving skills to proactively resolve customer issues.
- Responsible for Forecasting and budgeting by contributing to the development and management of annual account plan/budget.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Competitive salary and commission
- Collaborative working environment
- Benefit Plan
Would you like to be part of our team?
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org