Family owned and operated since 1978
Daniel Goyette, our founder and still active President, started C.A.T. Inc. to serve the truckload requirements of businesses shipping between Canada and the USA. As we approach 4 decades of service, we have grown to be in Canada’s TOP 25 For Hire Carriers. This accomplishment was attained by building a dedicated team, running a quality operation, and retaining the loyalty and support of our valued customers.
A few milestones of note
There are many proud moments in our history. One of the game changing decisions happened in 1984 by creating a truckload solution for customers requiring service to and from Mexico. It still represents a significant portion of our activity today and is fully serviced by our facility in Laredo, Texas. The ability to serve all NAFTA markets sets us apart from most Canadian carriers. It’s still a specialized niche appreciated by our customers.
Over the next decade we grew at an accelerated rate and in 1994 we moved to our current head office location in Coteau-du-Lac, Quebec. The facility was designed to better suit the size of our operation then and allowed for the growth realized by our company from that time on. Other dates of note include:
- 1998 – Hired a world renowned consulting firm to improve our systems and operating procedures which enabled us to establish and maintain our 99% pick-up and delivery on time performance metric
- 2004 – C.A.T. attains quality goal and is one of a select few carriers registered ISO 9001-2000
- 2007 – Acquires a simulator to enhance driver training on site
- 2008 – Logistics division is started to add value and choice for clients
- 2009 – Wins ground breaking court battle on behalf of drivers relative to taxation of on the road expenses and introduces driver score cards to further build a culture of excellence
- 2010 – One of the early carriers to launch a social media presence through Facebook
- 2012 – Significant increase to driver pay package and incentive program
- 2014 – Purchase of 100 new Freightliners announced that will run on CNG fuel
- 2015 – Intermodal division created and located in Columbus, Ohio
Innovation and growth go hand in hand
Over the last 2 decades we have specialized more and more in dry van truckload shipments for our customers. Commodities shipped include but are not limited to:
- Automobile parts and components
- Paper products and packaging
- Metals like aluminum and zinc
- Household appliances
- A variety of consumer products
Customer demand led us into developing a specialized logistics division in 2008 that currently employs over 40 freight management specialists, represents 30% of our overall activity and operates offices in strategic centres throughout North America. This division was further enhanced by the addition of intermodal service specialists operating out of Ohio. The central location coordinates FCL activity between NAFTA markets and domestically within Canada and the USA.
The legacy continues
Our President’s daughters, Annie and Karine Goyette hold senior management positions in sales and operations for the company. This secures the company’s sustainability for the future, injects fresh thinking and continues the family legacy in providing top quality cross border truckload service…and so much more for their North American customer base.